Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ecological Intelligence


Link to the article: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1884779_1884782_1884776,00.html

What is ecological intelligence?

Basically ecological intelligence is a way of describing someone's knowledge of the environment and how to conserve. For example someone who has a little amount of ecological intelligence might not understand the process of how their ipod is made, or might not be able to describe what global warming is.

So how does this connect to our project?
The idea of our project is finding out why we don't live as sustainably as we should. This is a good example: we don't know when we're making a negative impact. We aren't as informed as we should be; and as a result we make decisions without having a clue about it's true impact.

Am I "ecologically intelligent?"
No! I'm not. I buy and buy and don't really think for a second how I'm contributing. I don't ever ride bikes or walk. And I can not describe the actual process of global warming. No way am I ecologically intelligent.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I liked how you were honest about being ecologically intelligent.It really helped me think of how most people are not honest with themselves, and it shows that you are in control of your life.